In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Keeping the Kommun, Klean!!


So every summer, these young people are hired.  For a salary of course. But they come around your neighbourhood and plant trees, remove the dead leaves, clean the trash cans.

In essence, make our Kommun prettier. 




So, this time, I took their pictures, without asking them, but no harm since none is identifiable.  And asked them if they were hired by the Kommun.  One young one, who was quick to respond (some young ones are too shy if you open a conversation in english)--¨'said 'Yes!!'

Oh, you are the ones who keep our little town clean?

Yes, he blushed.

Thankyou, I bowed and moved on. 

I could feel the warmth of their smile for being acknowledged on my back!!


PS: Try that sometime--thank someone we take granted for. No, I do not mean your partners and loved ones. But you know, the Janitors, and the street sweepers and secretaries, and the bus drivers.  Just stop them --look them in the eye, and simply bow, a thank you!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment