In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, November 22, 2019

How Mother Nature Compensates



Been reposting for a few weeks. Am travelling often, for a class, trying to take care of some pending things.  So in between towns. And hardly have the time to write.  Also, some of those old posts are really relevant.

I have several posts in mind.  But might have to do with some re-postings until mid-december.  The thing is that I have been writing, publishing--both academic and non academic and have done some creative writing.  But the best part is that i am working heavily with my youtube channel. I get no money for these things, including the creative writing, but they are such a joy.  May be some day I will have a side income but I do it because it calls me. 

Have been going through some internal churning.  And have had posts about that in mind. They will follow.

Academic publications are doing well.  I got about 4 this year. Btw, it takes about 2-3 years to get one out.  So you can imagine the huge sigh that I let out when that happened.  Non academic--four publications so far---and about 25 new blog posts--or more may be.

About 4 short new videos and working on a longer one.

I never thought of myself as a writer. But when I look back, I write ALL the time. And have written ever since i can remember. 

Journals, gratitude journals, letters, poems, stories, speeches, scripts for videos and plays and what not...

Only recently have I realised how integral writing has been to my life. Look at this blog--I have had it for exactly 10 years.  Zero money. I do not even publicise it.

I look at the picture above --and see how mother nature compensates.  

Loosing light is not that pleasant and so mother nature fills our days with color.  Much of green turns into yellow, red and orange.  

So mother nature compensates in so many in our real lives as it does in nature. 

How does mother nature compensate when so much is going on, and in many ways life is not complete and questions of life keep knocking at us?

Well, little things.  Little things that fall into place.  And some joys that we never get paid for but those that bring us satisfaction.

Writing, teaching, drawing, painting, making short films are some such things for me. I get little money back, but I get to write, document and then sometimes share.

The satisfaction of creation. 

And keeping us connected to wonder---autumn for me is that--reflecting and being grateful!!  Light keeps reducing --now it gets dark around 3:30 pm or 4:00 pm depending on which city I am. I must have four layers.  But it is the need for warmth that keeps us indoors and its mother nature's way of forcing us to reflect.  Then snow descends on us --bringing us white, to replace the light!!  Thankyou mother nature, for taking care of us--

Thank you all for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment