In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Special Skills


Just got this in email with a title: In India if you do not have special skills it is hard to make a living.

I have watched much, seen much.  I usually delete the emails before watching them.  The 'roti' movie was impressive but the one with bricks made my jaw drop. And I muttered 'oh my god!!"  Pay attention to the 'no way' in the background.

All jaw dropping, jokes and shock factor apart, these skills really do need a good combination of knowledge and meditation.  One must be in that trance like mind to arrive at this place.  Only if we could have that in our everyday life, towards everything we do....imagine how our productivity would increase!!  And if we were bring literal, then if the pile of bricks was one fifth its height, may be we would have a posture worthy of the 'ramp'.

And for all the cynics, I am not saying we take up roti-rolling or brick-balancing as a profession, but to bring in that level of meditation into everything we do.

Roti Rolling



Brick Balance

No comments:

Post a Comment