In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, April 13, 2013

Always in April!!

Living in Sweden, I have accepted that it will snow at least once if not more in the month of April.  I am never that surprised because I lived in Pennsylvania for many years, and have experienced snow as early as mid-october and as late as early May. But what is surprising about Sweden is that during April we get some really good days, and we are duped into taking our hats and gloves off!! But the wind and breeze are just as biting.  Light is brighter than you can imagine and yet, snow comes from behind, playing hide and seek.

Winks at us, flutters its flakes, ever so lightly, and then is gone...for about 6 - 7 months.

Hopefully!!

Following is a picture I took this morning from my window.  You will recognize that tree on many other pictures.


April 13, 2013




The above picture was taken last week from my window as well. Ashamed that I still had not removed the stick on X-mas tree from my window, but the above snow came to me as    a reminder that I am living in Scandinavia!! And Christmas spirit is stronger here in its crispness than any other place I have ever lived!! April, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment