In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Thursday, May 15, 2014

Paddling for Power!!


Charging Corner: Antwerp Train Station, Antwerp, Belgium


The women were peddling away.  I wondered what they were doing. So, I asked….

'Oh, we are charging our cell phones.  But it charges only so long as you peddle'.  

What a great way, I thought for combining exercise with charing our phones.  I remember seeing exercise equipment in public parks in Thailand, which was used quite frequently by people.

While, I make it seem like these power centers were created for people to exercise, the truth is that they are created because they do not require providing electrical outlets.  They work in the same fashion as the lights on bicycles that get automatically charged during peddling.

Regardless, this is Europe's way of creating efficient tools for public's convenience.

And while we do feel powerful after exercising, in this case so do our mobile phones!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment