In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, September 5, 2015

Krishnashtami and Teacher's Day!!

It is Lord Krishna's birthday today.  Its been raining all day here. I had to go grocery shopping and just could not dare to leave home. Its cold and rainy.  About 8 degrees centigrade.

And then I realized that it always rains on Krishnashatmi, at least whereever I have lived. We always said that it rains every year on Janamashtami.  Because it was raining hard when Krishna was born.  It has continued till this day.

Myth or just a belief.  I know that I have witnessed that no matter where I have lived.

It is also teacher's day in India.  Teachers are pampered and in many schools students are allowed to take over the whole school and run it as the teachers would.  I used to love those days....we little ones would dress up as grown ups and run the school. I remember in fifth grade I dressed up as a teacher.   And taught fourth grade. One class period, but I still remember that day.



I know my posts are not that 'meaty' these days, I am trying to catch up. I will try to write more. I have os much material but my mind is tired. Regardless, Krishnashtami is always a day of joy for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment