In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, April 17, 2016

Navratri: Ram Naumi


The Kolam/Rangoli/Alpana made as a dedication to the Goddess!!

Two days ago was Ram Naumi.  The day when Lord Ram is supposed to have been born.  I spent about 3-4 hours cooking, and then setting up the house and a little shrine.  Something I had not done in the last 7 months or so.  It was a beautiful experience.  The centre part of the bud is a different texture.  I used old mouth freshner made from mixed various spices which have been artificially coloured , including fennel.  It was old and I did not want to throw it out. This was a creative way of using them. I will keep this for weeks and then sweep it out--as a reminder no matter how beautiful, no matter how hard it takes to create something, everything in this world is temporary......


No comments:

Post a Comment