In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Being Busy is not an Accomplishment


Daffodil, Sweden



Japan


Gulmohar, India

Have been meaning to write.  Miss coming here, but since I last wrote, I have had two international trips already. One just to UK but another one all the way to the west coast of the US.  Both for work. And in fact, in both cases, I was sick. In fact, even in the trip to India, I had not been feeling well.  Just so much is going on.

But am also distracted as always. Because always doing more than I need to.  So, my resolution is to slow down.  To take care of myself, which I have not done in ages.

I am amazed at how disconnected I remain from myself in this being busy.  But, of late, have been saying no to things and also distancing myself from too much connection with people, especially where it is not reciprocal.

Love is reciprocal. Simple.

When it isn't, it ain't love.

Being busy becomes a way of being away from ourselves.  It is hard to be motivated to anything once we are disconnected from ourselves. It comes across as ADDH--attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity, but actually is a restlessness.  You know like when the lid of a box does not fit well and rattles every time you carry it.

Being busy, dear readers, is not an accomplishment. Not sure why 'we' (especially me)--use it as a conversation starter and conversation end(er).

That happens when we are not at rest inside, and know that so much is going on that it cannot be talked about or shared.

So, when someone asks, 'how's it going?' 

'Busy' is the generic and accepted response.

Well, from today on...I resolve to change it.  Take long walks, and restart my meditation (never stopped, just was not that regular)--and may be painting.

Being busy is no accomplishment.  Doing some useful things is important, even while busy.

So, next time someone asks me, 'how's it going?' I hope to say, 'Oh went for a long walk, man, there are so many new flowers, I need to learn their names...no wait....I just need to enjoy them...simply enjoy them...' 

No comments:

Post a Comment