In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, April 27, 2018

Flowers and Memories



Found this on the internet.  This flower was such an important part of my growing up. We had a few bulbs in our yard.  They never ran out of their enthusiasm for blooming every year.  We moved from Kyaari--the patch of sand next to a wall, or a boundary created around soil to plant something--to a gamla--a pot, a crocka as they say in Swedish, or a planter in English.  It stayed with us. Then we moved for a short while, when our house was renovating.  And they did not take too happily to the change of scenery.  They must have missed the neighbourhood, the familiarity, the voices of neighbours around  and the noise on that lane of ours.  They simply left us.  I also saw them in Fiji. But a sight of these, and I think spring and summer in India.  And without my knowing, my heart takes a deep sigh and rests close to abdomen, where all the beautiful memories of my childhood remain and tickle me to this day!!  Can you hear the laughter?




This --from someone's private garden.  See the beautiful blue Krishna behind the flower?  The flower, as known to many is Hibiscus, we called it, 'China Rose'.  Even today when it flowers it, stands out like a King, due to its color.  I have several other pics of it that I took myself and will put them up here when time allows!!  Enjoy the pictures, and may it bring you the same joy as it does to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment