In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, November 27, 2022

JulBock: Yule Goat








Last published on Dec 25, 2019...here it is....coz it is the season....
And you read more on Gavlebocken...Gavle is the name of a town in Sweden, Bock, is mountain goat...as you see here..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gävle_goat

But this tradition happens all over Sweden.  

First published on December 1, 2011--I share this on Christmas of 2019.

This is one of the most common Swedish Tradition for Christmas.  A Yule Goat --made of straw --an old Christmas decoration that you start to see around at this time of the year---

Here is the old post



Yule Goat, JulBock, or Mountain Goat is what this thing made of straw is trying to replicate.  Also called Christmas goat, it is a popular decoration used at this time of the year.  My last post said they were reindeers, but I knew I was wrong. I had asked this question before but forgot, since there is so much information to absorb in a new country.  
Anyway, the decorative JulBock come in various sizes are light and very charming to look at. You can buy them everywhere, although I am sure at some point in time people made them at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment