In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, September 24, 2022

If you want to be happy

First published on May 28, 2021....publishing here again, since last 2 weeks have been crazy.  You should know that i have not abandoned this blog...I will return...


This is a very popular image from the Bhagvad Gita. The song of God.  When a warrior is sad that he is has to go against his cousins, who have cheated him.  Krishna's message, which is still not completely understood by humanity is: Love and peace are all great, but in the face of evil, to choose not to fight --is not 'warrior like'. However, before we choose war, we must ask and clarify whether or not we are fighting a just war. We are constantly at war with ourselves--tortured, wanting peace from souls who many not be that developed or care about us.  But the question is, 'Can we truly care for ourselves?" Then we have no need for approval or other people's care.  Even though we can have interdependent relationships, we know that we never arrive anywhere until we learn to be self-reliant. 






For this week, I will just direct you to someone else' writing.


Jessica Wildfire.


If You Want to Be Happy, Try Getting Over Yourself

Everything you want involves people.


------

She says" Let go of your tortured past
The ones who injured us have already forgotten about it. This includes all of our exes, bad friends, terrible bosses, and judgmental relatives. Some of us waste our lives fantasizing about an apology."


I read this article a long time back and reminded myself to return to it --to read and bring some sanity to myself on 'lost days'.  Today when I did, I knew I had to share it with you all.  Will returns with good material soon. Maybe I have to take a break for one week, please bear with me.   I may not post anything next week, but will return the week after. 


No comments:

Post a Comment