In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, January 22, 2021

M & M: Memories & Mementos--the Fragrant Corners


See the doiley on the right? with blue beads?  My mother made it for her trousseau. I brought it with me, the last time.  Mother keeps asking, 'Why do you want to keep it?" I tell her other than the fact that you made it, it was a part of my childhood.  It has a smell and a color that takes me back to when I did not even notice it.  When it was just an object in the house, getting dirty, getting ignored, falling off the table.  It seemed like it added clutter to our lives.  Today, it is resplendent --with memories and fragrant with the joys of a great childhood. 




Santas are removed, as is the reindeer.  Some lights stil remain but the table has been cleared for forthcoming spring. It is funny how fast it all goes. 

How fast life goes.  

But I wanted to upload one new image and some new words --for I have been reposting.  Even though one thing i have learnt from keeping this blog is that once you go beyond a certain number people are usually interested in re-reading an arritlce because they have forgotten.  Once you have put in the work--- it gets a life of its own.  There is enough material here--that If I put the time I could get at least 2 books out of.

But for now, I just want to focus on that beautiful doilley.  It brings me memories every time I go next ot the window to water the plants.  Also notice that pumice stone with a little green ribbon on it, next to the Buddha?  It was given to me by my friend when her son was born. Use it to pour aromatic oils.  My favourite ones? Jasmine and Rose and that is another reason, this corner is 'truly fragrant.'

I hope you create a corner in your house that brings back a whiff of memories every time you walk past it. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment