In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, June 2, 2023

Sunsets and Sunrises


I know, I know I am slipping, but I am not giving up on this blog. Never will, not matter how rare this becomes. Just to let you know that I do have another active blog, which is 'public' and I will be dedicating more time to that, but this one remains dear and some very dear posts will be shared here only, because I share them with a few special friends who continue to visit this space. 

First published on May 9, 2012, these pictures were taken in Spring of 2009. The first picture is etched in my memory, as one of the most magical moments in my travel. I was on my own that evening, there is a bagpipe show in the town square and as the sunset, it reflected the stunningness of the town in one image. I knew I had to make a memory of it. Hope you all enjoy it too. 

have a beautiful day, wherever you are...and notice the sunsets and sunrises..


__________________________


How many sunsets and sunrises will we see before we tire of them?  I have not come to a conclusion yet.  Because even today, after have numerous pictures of sunsets and sunrises whenever I look at one, I stop, sigh and smile.  And I click. I sigh and smile again before moving on my way.  In a life of uncertainties, there are a few things I can count on.  That these simple-everyday miracles, will leave me breathless is one of them!



The above picture was taken in Queensland, New Zealand.  I was backpacking through the south island, since I knew I was going to be leaving the Pacific soon.  I never regretted it.  Only I travelled so much that year I have only faint memories of NZ.  But what I do remember clearly is--this one sunset in Queensland and one sunrise, above Lake Matheson, from behind the mountains.  I will put up those pictures later. For now, I just wanted to share this sunset reflected in a window.  Almost looked like a painting mounted on a brick wall!! Queensland, New Zealand, 2009. 





The above picture was taken from a plane.  This was important in more than one ways. I was heading towards New Zealand to visit my friends Pat and Peggy.  I had a lecture at Victoria University and  a week later I was to head towards my unplanned backpacking trip of South East Asia.  Those two months remain the highlight of my life so far.  I will write notes some other time. For now, I hope that this bright star makes you do what it makes me do everytime....stop, sigh and smile.  New Zealand, 2009.

So, how many sunsets and sunrises do we see  before we get tired?  Before we say, 'Oh no?" Before we look at it and roll our eyes in 'So what?"... I don't think there is a number yet....so far....like the uncertainty and infinity of Pi, these natural wonders take me to something deep inside me, where I am too insignificant, yet an important piece in the puzzle.....

So, for me, until now, it is Stop, Sigh and Smile....Click!! Share..with you all...



No comments:

Post a Comment