In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, July 3, 2020

Under the Weeds

First published 8 years ago--EIGHT--wow, (July 7, 2012)--here it is again, just coz t'is the season....




I have been told to remove the 'ograss' (not grass, or weeds in swedish).  And so, I did.  Although these pretty dandelions can be used in salads and soups.  I removed them. And found something else underneath.....


Life.....

Some may call them snails.  I identify with them to a certain extent.  For I carry my home, on my back. 


Some call them pests, but to eat leaves and grass is their nature.  In any case, life (as I read in Joseph Campbell's works) lives on life. You cannot eat something that was not alive at some point. Can I kill them to protect my garden? And is my garden, my few plants, are they valuable enough to kill this life? Of which I know little .....could I be as inconsequential to it or others as it seems to me?

So, I let it be.  I picked them and kept them by the roadside. I wish I could have taken them to the skogan (forest) but this was before I got my bike.  Yes, they will destroy in order to live, in order to survive where ever they go...but are we any different?

The following pictures are just from the neighborhood, of how life thrives in summer.  Even when we consider it destroyed by pests, it grows and grows, shrubs, trees, flowers and weeds alike...then how can a few snails....be any harm.....







No comments:

Post a Comment