In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, July 24, 2020

Discovery








I love this word. Discovery.  Finding something that always existed, just that you did not know or did not pay attention.  But then viola--discovery!!

So last year we had a german girl staying with me for a short time and she pointed at a tree near by and said, that is a Hazelnut tree.  

No way, I said. 

'Yes, it is, my mother has it in her yard and I cannot miss it'.  

Later I found out that it was TrollHassell, meaning a tree from the same hazelnut family (I think), but ornamental.  It does not bear fruit. Technically, it bears flowers, but I have never seen them.  

And then recently, as I had to cut out a few outgrown shrubs, I found these tiny berries on a plant that was not visible before. It had been growing under the shrubs that had grown unruly.  

These are delicious blackberries....not blue, but blackberries....

There were only these many, maybe the others died out. Maybe there was no room to grow so they remain stunted.  But then...today, they get my smiles and they smile back at me.  For now they have been found. 

But Ah, the discovery.....the DISCOVERY and a gratitude for our abundant universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment