In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, February 25, 2022

Bella!!

First published on January 5, 2013, here is this story again.

Simple and beautiful.  Bella!



October 9, 2012, 
Taktseng Monastery, Bhutan 
(Notice that structure above her her, to the left, ...that is Tiger’s Nest, Tak Tseng). 

We were on our way to TakTseng Monastery (Bhutan).  I met such beautiful, interesting and fun people on the way.   Every twenty minutes or so, I would either pass her, or see her walk past me.  She did not talk much.Quietly, gently going onward.  In deep thought, without many words.  Every time I saw her something in me just stopped.  I spent most of the time with Irma, that lovely woman from Israel and her friends.  Then on our way down from the monastery,  heard this a bunch of happy people talking in this poetic language.  

'Is that Portuguese.' I asked?

'No, Italian', they said. 

Ah, makes sense!!  For we all know that Italian was actually created to sound poetic.  All the stereotypes apart, Italian is melodious to our ears!!

At the mid way stop to the monastery, on our way down, I saw Irma speaking to her.  That gave me the courage and I finally said, ‘Your face is so beautiful’.  Although I wanted to say 'Do you know your face is where one wants to rest.’

She smiled.  Irma joined me enthusiastically in saying some really kind words.

'May I please take a picture of you?' I asked.  And may I put it on my blog? She joined her hands, thanked me, and smiled. I took that as being granted the permission.  If anyone feels that I should remove it, please let me know.  

Irma had called her ‘Bella’ --the italian word for ‘beautiful’ and we all smiled.  If, calm, self satisfaction and grace were to become flesh, I think, the picture below might be one of its faces!!



October 9, 2012, 
Taktseng Monastery, Bhutan




No comments:

Post a Comment