In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Monday, January 21, 2013

She Knew!!


 At Thimphu Teschu, the Bhutanese festival, color was in abundance, the sun was generous, and the wind was at rest.  It was a beautiful day for taking pictures.  It was my first week in Bhutan, and I was still drunk from the beauty of the country.  I could not stop clicking my camera.  This young woman was keeping an eye of my movements.  

I smiled.

She smiled.

I pointed my camera.

She smiled back.

I took another picture.

And then casually, she looked away.  I sensed that she did not want me to look away or put my camera down.  So, I kept lingering around her.  I did not say a word, but kept watching her from the corner of my eye.  And then, she turned her head, tipped it a bit and rested her eyes.  For a few seconds she did not move.  



That was my cue.  I needed to take a picture.  That last picture that I took of her was just perfection!!  There is a glint in her eyes, her mind seems at rest but not blank, ---the thoughts have slowed down, and there is a faint smile on her lips.  If you notice, her eyes have a smile larger than one on her mouth.....





No comments:

Post a Comment