In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, January 22, 2017

See It Anew


Thailand, 2011


Dear Readers: As few as you all are in numbers (yup, very aware :)---I apologise for this long silence. Returning after sick leave has not been all that easy. But in the last year, my writing has taken off and I have worked quite intensely.  More on that later. Previously I used to write a special note on the 'new year'--and a few other days, both here and in my hand-written journal.  Due to time, have not been able to do it. And since we are already three weeks into the year, I thought 'let it go'.  Yet, there is something about beginnings, something about newness, that we must be alight in our hearts---or else we miss the sparkle of days and magic of the nights!! So, here is a poem by my favourite author, that I think so fits, And suggests that, as we 'somewhat' cynical people look at another year--that may be, we should think of this year as filled with possibilities beyond our imagination, with a hope that our hearts will overflow with joy, and that all those who come into our vicinity will be left enchanted with a desire to live a thousand years!! 



Do not say, 'It is morning,' and dismiss it 
with a name of Yesterday,
See it for the first time as newborn child
that has no name--


Rabindranath Tagore.

No comments:

Post a Comment