In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, March 23, 2018

Three Moods of Light




Returning from India, I just had to stay overnight at a hotel. I did not care this time. I had had long layover and my mind was completely tired.  The flights and and connecting flights were delayed so many times, and so many times I had to alter the bus times that I finally just decided to stay at a hotel.   This was the view from the hotel window.  The hotel was at the airport, where I was to catch the morning bus.  




At wee hours of the morning, this is how it looked. The dark night with shinning stars and electric bulbs---had turned into dreamy blue, snow reflected the baby blue sky.  I was safe inside a warm hotel, while I knew it was 15 below outside.



And as I was ready to leave say late morning, as I looked out, solen skinner --the sun was shinning. Its obvious that there is a massive shadow, possibly from the tall building that I was in--the airport---but the day had come.  It was February, and days are much longer than November.  It is still cold, but nature smiles, and we know light always wins, dark is there only for a short time!! And yet, when we think of scandinavia, we think darkness....


Decided to take a later bus, since I had spent so much time and money on the hotel.  Also, staying at the hotel will allow me to prepare for the upcoming class, since I knew returning home always means much more work of unpacking etc. I had a class in two days. In hindsight, it was a great decision, since when I returned due to drop in temperature outside and accidentally kitchen floor heating being reduced to very low (yes my kitchen and entrance lobby floors are heated.  No luxury, we need them.)---the entire house had started to freeze.  The water in radiators had started to freeze.  So indoors it was about below 12, where as outside it was about below 18.  After one -two nights of extreme freezing--during which I turned the heat up, I knew I needed professional help. Karlstad Energi--folks came and after much tampering and checking left me with 4 industrial level heaters.  I was not very hopeful.  But after three days of constant heating the house started to warm up.  So grateful that neither did the pipes freeze nor did they rust.  Caught it all in time.   

And, the best part that one night in hotel meant so much more.  It was a good bed, and the morning was well spent in class preparation. 

Now, let us have a look back at the pictures---three moods???

Confusion, despondency and hope!!






No comments:

Post a Comment