In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, July 22, 2018

A Short Break--but some Deep Information Processing

Much is going on.  Since the middle of May I have been to Oslo--back to Sweden, Prague--back to Sweden (for a conference), then London (for a symposium), then to India (for family, some dental work, some data collection) and then London (for family and some data collection) and now Sweden. 

It has been hectic, many things still remain. Many questions.  Both Prague and London brought many questions, on condition of being a human being, friendships, love and how most of us live on the surface.  Most of us are afraid of real conversations, we wave flags of our existence on Facebook and shout out our love for others, but what it truly means, no one has the time to consider.  




A picture taken from 4th floor of our department's building.  Sometime May 2018. Rainbows are always welcome. 

So I am going to provide a few links for people to view and ponder on.  One is by Nicholas Carr on what the internet is doing to us.  I heard it a long time ago, when the book was first published but needed to get back to it now, for research and for own self--developing and seeing why I choose to be away from certain social media.

The other one that I am still in the process of listening to, and find it absolutely interesting is on Hinduism and Ecology. But mostly, it also talks about how our world, though supposedly moving away from religion, has become quite monotheistic, one of its latest avatars being Marxism.  


However, since April there have been two nice comments on my blog, indicating there are still readers.  So, this quick post is to those who still read and engage on this site.  

Will be back again.  Till then, take care of yourself and I need much contemplation, before I post some interesting pictures from my travels.







2 comments:

  1. I truly appreciate your time and effort spent posting here. And, the photograph is stunning! I can only imagine how beautiful it would have been to see first hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. It means so much that some people read. It is connection of words and some musings. Yes the rainbow was stunning!! All of us pointsd to it. I learnt in Fiji 'Don't ever point at the rainbow, or it starts to fade!!'. So, I brought my finger down and clicked a picture instead!! :)

    ReplyDelete