In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, July 27, 2018

Pictures to Ponder on: Courtesy Social Media



We are the masters of our destiny.  Just beginning to sink in. Basic Hindu wisdom. Karma is not fatalistic.  Its Bayesian!!  












Just check out the shades of blue!! Even the white is blue.....:) 


That is a 'copy' of the famous Jaganath (the owner of the world) Murtis, usually made in wood, but here obviously in snow!!  There are many legends and stories with the original stories.  Not enough time to write about it here, but as a child I always wondered, how they looked. Now that I am older, I understand....the big eyes are mainly for the gaze and mean much to the followers.  Here, they are just stunning--in all their colours!! 


Ah, Vasudev Kutumbakam--the world is a family, said the title of the picture.  Truly my favourite!!



Only in India!!  Love the way they sort of blend into each other---as if it is ONE being!!






Got this one from social media, and OH SO TRUE!!

Every thought is a little hammer blow on the lump of iron -which our bodies are, manufacturing out of it what we want to be.  


Swami Vivekananda


The above quote is not from social media, but something I read as a young person and thought a lot about. Then in confusion of life, forgot.  And then realized how much of 'The secret' was stolen from Indic knowledge...ha, ha...




Japan, my heart. In so many ways, I respect it so much. I just do not have enough time in this life to learn about it.  But am going to--go there again and plan a bit of an extra time.  My favourite destination?---Kyoto!! 

So, how about looking at the pictures again and write in comments to share which one is your favorite!!  

2 comments:

  1. My faves:
    Man with cow, then man with monkey

    Honorable mention:
    The vibrant lingonberries and cucumber/lemon infused H2O ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!! Yes mine too, those two with the monkey and the cow are my favourites!! Thankyou for acknowledging the berries and the water. Oh and yes, those are wine berries. I found out about so many berries here. Cloud berries are another one of them.....yellow --here is more information on them. http://mylittlenorway.com/2011/07/guide-to-cloudberries/

    Lingon berries are slightly tarter than wine berries, which is slightly bigger than lingon. .

    Thanks, for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete