In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, October 20, 2018

Colourful Holidays




I often get into arguments with people over religion. It is a recent phenomenon. Although I started to feel that when I first left India....but it was meeting with people who have mono-ideologies.  One--I believe or not believe (that can also include communism and atheism).  So one of the many things that I love, absolutely love about Hinduism is its diversity. Not only do we have several holidays--well more than several--but also every region has its own special flavour.  So, I found out about this holiday only a few years ago.  Celebrated in central India.  And look here at gorgeous women, driving bikes, for another festival, which comes in spring (shorter than 2 minutes).  





Following is a spring festival in Assam--the north east.  Women wear these sarees made of natural fibre....its called Bihu



And the following one is from Punjab, technically from where my grandparents came. A spring festival--harvest season.  Look at just the different outfits.  They also celebrated with different foods and there are different outfits associated with it.  I mean, even an untrained eye can see the difference. So, it is not a subtle difference that someone needs to explain to you. 



Just some of the things, that I love...color and celebrating nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment