In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, November 15, 2019

Packing up summer paraphernalia

First published on 17th October 2010, my first year in Sweden--it is that time of the year.  Although summer things got packed about a month ago.  And now, be ready for some more pictures of autumn and soon winter!!

You know what this post reminds me of--how when I came here from Fiji, how excited I was about the change of seasons.  I was back in my Pennsylvania days, a place I loved so much. I am not really bored with yet, but very aware of how paralysed we are in winter with regards to movement and experiencing life.  So, hmmm, things to think about!!




October 1, 2010. Taking away planters that were brought out in spring. No more flowers. Not for a few months. You gotta miss Fiji now. What if we did not have flowers sometimes. We always had green. White and brown is what we count on this side of the world. For about 6 months :(( But believe me, in the middle of it, there are times, when you cannot but admire that as well....

Turkish Men sit for a chat outside the local grocery shop. A weekend ritual. Yes, I did ask for permission. And the middle one nodded politely and said, "As you wish".
I did wish to get the picture, and here it is....Notice the grandeur of latter years of life. Written all over their relaxed way of looking at the camera. No cares, all the difficult times of decision making and choices behind them. Makes you look forward to winter...of life...



No comments:

Post a Comment