In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, March 11, 2022

The Shyness that Lasts Only a Short Time


Earlier published on September 18, 2020, here it is again, but with new pictures. I promised to put new pictures here. These were taken almost the same day. As you can see, he is happily riding is bike. The momen he sees me, he hides his face. May because he is self conscious, may be because I stare at children....because I find them fascinating.... :)

There is also some new information about his sister, later in the post. 







Calmly riding his bike, unti he sees me. 





So this child lives in the neighbourhood.  He has now grown up.  These are from 2016-17.  But is so shy that every time he sees me, he looks away, hides his face.  Of course, not any more.  But for about 1-2 years, every time I stopped to stare at this face, even when his mother was at his side, this is how he would behave. Curl up, look away....put his head down.  And I just had to capture that...how we loose that self-consciousness. How we become bold, and less vulnerable.  And how it happens within a month.  So, for me capturing these is very important.


I have a few more of his pics that I will locate and share.   (The two top ones have been added). 




Here is his sister.  She is now a tween.  Boy! When I saw her yesterday I was surprised ....Shoulder length strange hair --and a top that was tied at the waist to look like a crop-top, with skin hugging pants. She is ready to grow up! How fast these kids grow. 

I try to capture their young moments. Its been important to me to notice children.  It used to be such a thing for people who spent their entire lives in one neighbourhood.  Sometimes neighbours knew each other better than relatives. There was a sense of  peace and security about that. I try to bring that to the places I live in.  These pics are ---from that older side of me....where II notice children around me like a matriarch does!!

March, 2022

Let me add an anecdote here. This happened the time I wrote this blogpost first. Its about the young girl. I tried to speak to her in Swedish. She responded in english. Knowing that Swedish was not really my first language. She was very comfortable in the language.  I said, 'Your english is very good.'

"Thanks, yours too!" she said.

Hmmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment