In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, January 1, 2011

So, is the snow falling or growing on trees?

A Girl takes a cigarette break outside the library. It was the contrast of the hat and the blue trash can with the white backdrop that made me take this picture.

Ah, no explanation needed here. It was the smiley face and smiley face alone that made me pull my camera out again on the freezing day, only seconds later than I had put it in. Gives us a clue into the minds of the young passers by....


Christmas market. I got so used to hearing about 'night markets' as they referred to by tourists in Asia. Not realizing that it was the common week or day market that you see in almost all warm countries in Asia. Here, though it seems like a night market, the picture was taken close to 4 pm. It is not a white carpet but snow on the ground. And all the goodies hanging, or at least most of it, are Christmas decorations and eateries made at home. I was fascinated by the lights on this one.

So, did the snow fall or grow on this tree?

A picture taken from my window. I was working on a class presentation when I heard the kids outside screaming for joy. Just like you would in India, Fiji or Botswana. Sorry not the US, that is not a common scenario. And here were the kids, with such joy on their faces, for now they could use their snow sleds. A common sight is little kids sitting on sleds, being pulled by their parents. The smiles on those little pink faces are worth a million dollar!!



2 comments:

  1. It does seem like there is snow growing on that tree...but considering its been snowing there since Oct I wouldn't be surprised if it did start taking root (taking branch? hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it takes root for about 7 months every year all over the country!! :)9

    ReplyDelete