In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Wednesday, June 10, 2020

On the Way Home



First published on June 19, 2019--why is this being published so soon? Well, Magnolia came and went, and this past week it already bloomed and left.  So it goes --continuing the theme of past post.  Life is unpredictable and things change at the drop of a hat--being happy is our duty, it is our responsibility towards ourselves.  From that joy, we will find a way to ourselves and through us to our purpose and into the world, where we can serve. How do we find joy?  Pay attention to things in nature that are fleeting and yet fine--fine, finely beautiful--like flowers, and butterflies.

Have  a great day!










Same house: Their fence is all white flowers.....

All the above pictures were taken in May-June 2020.   No difference from the year before.  And yet, I have taken pictures of this magnolia tree--ALMOST EVERY YEAR...I truly do live in images and sounds....





 
Taken 2019



On the way home


This is the road I take

On the way home
When I turn here
My heart knows
There will be place
Of my own
Only a few houses down
A small nest
With a couch
And blankets
Where I feel
Like I wear a crown
These magnolias
That have already blossomed
and withered
have been my guide
a reminder of the warmth
even when they are still
hanging in the winter air as a
possibility a few months down
when I turn here
I think of them everytime
and I know,
I am simply on my way home.

Some places, things and images remain etched in your mind for the times you have taken that journey. This tree, that I have seen blossom and sleep for the last 9 years has been my guide and signal.


I take its pictures every year.  You can find them on other pages on this blog,  Yet, every year when the flowers bloom, I look at them anew, with hope, with love.


Because after all, they have been my signal that I am on my way home.



No comments:

Post a Comment