In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, November 13, 2021

Indecisive: Decision Making Should be taught in Schools


Changing colors always remind me of our duty to reflect ton our lives. 


Hello Readers.  


I did not mean to miss last week and neither this one. I have been  a bit under the weather. 

Was going to repost some old posts. But have two very, very interesting stories to share.

And will return with those.   No time yet to write. 

Have much work and not been well.  Really busy with much work to do. Finances to balance and to think about how to manage my future.  Yes, those are things I don't share here, simply because it does not help. But wanted so mention them, as we ALL deal with them. 

But what I do want to say is that those are important.  

And we should teach the young to plan their lives. I will share some resources as I go along. Starting a youtube series to help the young develop an understanding of being a student and learning to navigate their careers. Then writing another blog, where I want to record stories from my relatives and friends. Stories that have been calling me for a while.  

Even now, I was going through the blog to repost an old post, When after 30 minutes of trying find which post fits better at this time of the year, I gave up and decided to come clean. 

I have been indecisive, because time seems short for all that I want to do. 

And several aspects of life are not settled and I wonder why? Is it because I forgot myself? Is it because I was never trained to take care of myself? I was raised with the idea that I needed to be honest, caring, self-sacrificing and good in studies and a hard worker. The rest of the things will take care of themselves. But do they? Just like in job, and studies, in life we need to learn to dedicate time to various aspects of life.

If I were to follow Vedic astrology then we have 12 houses.  And they all represent various aspects, enjoyment of owning a home, having children, a successful relationship, name and fame earned honestly in society, education, knowledge and even enlightenment.  Why are we asked only to focus on how to make a living and being independent when the whole point of life is to learn interdependence? After all that is how nature is. Interdependent. Plants on water, children on parents, older people on the young, siblings on each other. 

Most of us in India, where our parents took care of so much, including paying for our education and weddings and deciding who we will marry were not asked to focus on anything but getting good grades and good education.  We grew up with that idea. But after years of struggle and much loss of time, those of us who dared to live a life not so ordinary realised that we still lived in some parameters set out for us.  We hoped that even though we were living far away from our culture that our integrity alone was good enough to take care of everything.

But, I learnt too late that strategy is important. Yes, Karma counts.  You cannot get somethings in life and you will always have some things, and your happiness will be measured or immeasurable depending on certain aspects of your karma. But still if you are awake you can chart a life to reckon with...or close...

So been thinking about all this. 

I am not giving up on this blog.  But sort of reorganising some of my material. My thoughts and my way of being. 

You all will be informed when major decisions are taken. At some point, I will write more details, but for now, just that this blog and its readers mean so much to me. I use this space to clear my head, share my ideas, thank and be in gratitude to the universe and you all, the readers. It brings me hope and joy. I hope reading this brings you some joy as well.

I will return soon, with the stories. 









No comments:

Post a Comment