In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, October 14, 2022

Discovery: The Destination was not Distant

So, this may also be a post without any picture. Maybe I will add pictures later.

I do not want to leave this blog. But the last few weeks have made it difficult to return here. As I shared, I am working between two towns. So leave on Monday morning and return home on Thursday evening. 

As a result, Fridays are hectic because I am catching up with work etc. 

The last three weeks I would realise usually on a Monday that I did not post anything. Besides, as autumn approaches I have been working on clearing the leaves and working in the garden. After years I planted some flowers.  They needed to be planted before the first frost otherwise, the ground is too tough and hard. 

But the part about discovery is this, that I am in a city where i have spent time before. Twice....to take a class.  

I have stayed here for sometime .....found an Indian grocery store and then lost my ways again.

Well, actually it was 3 years ago that I was there. So this time I felt lost. I am working in a completely different part of the city. Or am I?

I had to get my bus card topped up and I went to Pressbyran, sort of like 7/11.

The place looked familiar and I started wandering around to see ....why it looked familiar.  Shops roads etc. After about an hour of walking, I found the road to that Indian store. What a delight. I needed cumin and other spices.

That was last week. 

But yesterday I walked out to take a short walk when it looked like I saw something else that was familiar. An eatery.  

Why did it look familiar.  I walked up close, say about 200 metres from where I am living and would you know it...it was the lane to the same grocery store.

I kept thinking that this is a message from the universe. Destination of my life is closer than I think.

Or something like that.

But there is something about this discovery. It feels like a treasure.

Been smiling for no reason since...as if I have found a diamond mine.

Its not just groceries but actually feeling that sometimes our destinations are closer than we know, the distances are in our minds.


















No comments:

Post a Comment