In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, October 23, 2020

Disappearing Daylight!! It could be Worse!!


Wow, published a decade ago....October 17, 2010 here is this again because we are in the same season and light is evaporating.....being sucked out and we are trying to maintain our calm.

Also, want to let you know that I will be away from about 2-3 weeks. Away as in might not post due to deadlines.  I have already posted more than one post a week this year.  So please bear with me .....this was the first year I was here.  I cannot believe that its been this long. My life has been unpredictable and at some point I stopped planning. I need to get back to it.  This time with much more care. Enjoy reading, leave a comment and see you again in 2-3 weeks.  




Flower Show in Singapore
These images are saved for gloomy days. We already have only 10 hrs of light. We have lost about 6 hrs of light since August. End of the month is day light saving. Which means it will start to get dark at 5:00 pm. By December we get darkness as early as 2:00 pm. My consolation, that that stays only for a month or so. Post December 22nd, the light starts to go up. I am told, in doors, October is the coldest month, since the University and official buildings do not turn the heat on until November. And November is the most depressing month, because it is dark and rainy. But come December there are christmas lights and then all is well with our soul.
Let there be light!! (The Bible).
Rage, Rage against the dying of the light (Dylan Thomas).
And here is the closing of one of my favorite shows.....Northern Lights, from the show called Northern Exposure. The whole episode focuses on the idea of light....and our fear of the darkness.
To end then, here is one of my favorite prayers that asks divine intervention for enlightenment. We request only to walk on the right path, so that we may know truth from untruth. Knowledge from darkness. Regardless of color, creed, race or religion that we belong to...isn't that our ultimate goal.

Asato Ma Sadgamaya Mantra (Upanishads).

English Translation

Lead me from Untruth to Truth Lead me from Darkness to Light Lead me from Death to Immortality

The website I got the english translation from states the following:
Me, I am looking forward to December 22nd, when the balance is tipped and we move towards the light. Till then, thankful for these 6 weeks of contemplation. Grateful that I am in the south, I am told, in the North, one can go for days without seeing any daylight.
Told you, it could always be worse!! But it ain't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment