In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sunny Suraj (Sun)



Picture taken Feb 5, 2012, from my window!! 8 am!!



Picture taken March, 2012 from my kitchen window.  Time 8:00 am!!

March 1st, 2013.


Suraj, like Suraj Sharma the young boy who played 'Pi' in the movie Life of Pi--means 'sun' and is often used to name boys. 

For the last few weeks the sun has been coming up very early.  But in its eagerness to greet us, it is also quite bright.  As I prepare my breakfast I look out the window and cannot but smile.  The morning sun falls right on my window.  I look up, and smile...because I know that its trying to get my attention!!


Its bright and warm.


Today, as I was working in my office I had to pull the blinds up (yes these go up, not come down) so that I could see my computer screen.


As annoying as it can be when one is trying to work, we cannot ignore the lightness it brings to our actions!!  Its movement is just as quick now as it is slow in November.  So within less than an hour it rises up in the sky.  And this is before our day light saving.  As of now, our days are already more than 12 hrs long!!


Last night I was at a friend's house a bit outside of Karlstad.  I usually do not travel within the country much, so it was nice to see another side of town.  On my way back I took the bus, and my eyes followed the orange moon all through the ride.  It was calm, but seemed to have a spring glow around it!!


This blog post is nothing spectacular, but I just had to write because scandinavia is known world over for its darkness, and not many know about its bright side!!


Well, now you know!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment