In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Thursday, July 21, 2016

Threaded Glory



Its painting of sorts. Painting made of thread.  Since it is framed and covered with glass, you can see the reflection of festive strips were behind me when I took this picture, last year in December in Delhi Haat. I walked past it and then returned, because so many people were staring at it.  When I came closer, I realised why.  The entire thing is done in thread, that too on a machine.  The man who did it says he taught himself this.  Before doing this, he worked at a bank or something like that.  Today this is his business.  Not an ordinary talent, not an ordinary profession.  I still feel as if not only is it a photograph but actually I can feel the man's eyes breathe!!  Talent is a gift from the heavens.  Each creation a unique sonnet.  All one can do is bow to the mystery and beauty of this planet!!



4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Yes, it was truly amazing. You could not tell, until you stood really close that it was made of threat. It looked like a photograph. Just like in this post http://insearchofahome2009.blogspot.in/2012/07/back-to-where-it-started-or-close.html one cold not tell that the elephants were made of beads.
    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete