In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Dear Tear!!






As I has stated earlier, I am in a middle of massive cleaning organising, ----something I have done for many years---but this is different. This comes from understanding that I have lived in one place for a while and there are many things that I have not used.  And I need to get rid of these things or make a part of my archives --pdfs and jpegs. 


And I have looked at this sheet for a few years now. It was a part of an old planner, may be even from when I was a teen.  After a few years of lugging the planner around, something where I used to log how many letters I had responded to, who needed to be contacted and whose birthday card and git was overdue, I threw the planner out, but kept a few sheets.  This one always brought me a smile and a bit of a sadness. Seriously, what a soppily sentimental child.  And I can say this, since it was 'I' who wrote this--'you idiot, you think you are philosophical!!'

But then again as an adult, I could say, 'its a part of growing up'.  We know ourselves from what we notice.  And what we notice and pay attention to becomes an important part in how we treat others. In that sense, I know for sure that I was always oversensitive to the pain of others. 

So, here it is, verbatim, just for those who cannot read my handwriting, which believe it or not, is much much better than what it is today!!


Dear Tear,

I, a human being, want to write to you about your making an appearance in our lives. 

You never seem to leave us, once you appear in our first breath--you appear in same form with various intensities for various reasons.

Well, for all the questions I have of my younger self, I must say, this is quite profound for a teenager, and while not sure what the following sentences were going to be (this is all there was, I never worked on it afterwards)--its true.  Tears appear for various reasons and with various intensities.

With our first physical pain, even if it was just a pin prick or a bug bite, first emotional pain, when a friend does not like us the way we like them, first really emotional pain, the unrequited love, pain of childbirth--quite literal for women and sympathetic for men, the pain of loosing people we love, and still a very profound pain, that is often not acknowledged--the pain of being invisible, of being ignored, of not being seen.

And on a lighter note, tears also accompany intense laughter, or something as mundane  as chopping onions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment