In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Teachings of Rumi



Another one that has resurrected!!  Teaching of Rumi, from shortly before I moved to Fiji. I used to spend endless hours at Barnes and Nobles to simply absorb as much as I could with my favourite tea and calming and cool music in the background.  I had a feeling that I will not get that in Fiji, even though sun and sunny days will make up for the cold and rainy days...in some ways.  Books, and book stores would become rare.  And they were.  They were certainly not as fancy.

This one, I wrote down, during the time I used to spend time with Mr. Montgomery, a senior gentleman who I befriended, and who taught me much about books, and laughing at life, in a matter of 12 months that we knew each other before I left. He deserves a post!!

PS: Do you notice that the writing has deteriorated already?  This is post graduate school.  I already seem in so much rush, and not quite together....as if running out of time. Boy, the things our own handwriting---interaction between pen and paper tells us....

So, here is the beautiful poem:

Drowned in my sorrow
Why do you torment me too?

Bent to the ground by the world,
Why do you kick me too?
I received my life from You,


Tell me, do you want it back?


Rumi, Teachings of Rumi


No comments:

Post a Comment