In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Strength of a Quiet Mind



I have often shared this thought with my students, after much thinking about the topic.  At one point, one student in Fiji, in my last year, came to me and said, 'Thanks so much for this, I used  to wonder why I could not read or focus much'.  

Reading is meditation, but we need much meditation before that to actually be able to focus.  It needs to be developed.  Like meditation, mind needs to go back and forth between resting and focusing.  

In everyday life, many of our decisions and actions will become clear, if we are able to clear much clutter in our lives.  

Meditation is the pathway to that decluttering. 









No comments:

Post a Comment