In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, November 2, 2018

Swedish Haiku




Swedish Autumn, Like Nowhere Else!!

My first year in Sweden, years and years ago..ha, ha...I went to this music festival. A colleague played there so I went with another colleague. Both of us had started together, and he wanted to attend.  Soon as we arrived at the festival, we were all in different directions.  All following what we liked about the festival.  There was a young man, who was writing Haikus.  He would write a personal one for everyone who visited.  


Following is the one for me. I kept it in my office, hanging on a board for all these years.  But, as I was organising, I typed it down, so that I can immortalise my first August in Sweden and that sweet boy, who chose to give people the gift of word.

Interestingly, I understand this now, I can actually understand this beautiful poem...


Dimman sänker sig
Över min svala skogs tjärn
Solen är min vän

The Fog descends
over my cold (cool) forest lake
the Sun is my friend

At the bottom he scribbled this note.  I did not understand much.  But today I see how he is using words ...to create poetry...


sjön --lake ---not tjärn (meaning star) as written
svala _(cool) not kalla (meaning cold)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment