In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, June 28, 2019

En Fröken


From 2012

Since moving to this new mac, about 2011, pictures are saved only in Photos.  Unlike pre-2009 Macs, where photos automatically neatly saved in folders with dates and months.  Photos is good when you are making albums, and I have made two, but otherwise, it is hard to track them.  Labelling, organising becomes really hard. I, on the other than remember years.  

So this image remained buried some where. Moving from one computer to other other. Separate from the years it was taken. It has no face so cannot be juxtaposed with that.  But I remember this clearly.  I had taken it in Katrineholm train station. 

The lady was a kindergarten teacher. She was in her 50s, and her hands show that she is a hard working woman. But it was the painting of nails....all different colors that caught my attention.  

She said it was to get the attention of her young students who were attracted to bright colors.

In the recent years with rise in nail art etc. there has also been rise in strange nail colors. Not to mention this thing of painting alternate fingers in different colors or just the thumbnails in different colors. Funnily, I used to think that as a child. And my favourite nail colour used to be blue.  And here were all different shades of blue, the green blue the red blue...and violet and what not.

I simply requested her to let me take the pic.

Been looking for it ever since. Today as I was emptying my computer this came up. And here is to share it with you all. 

And let us not overlook the bright clothes that she is wearing. Bright clothes though worn more often than in the US are still rare to see in Sweden. They stand out and make you happy. 

Bright nails of a frōken (meaning Miss, is used today to address a kindergarten or primary school teacher by her students). 










No comments:

Post a Comment