In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sundry Scenes from Singapore

Singapore was preparing for lantern festival, and China Town was all about lanterns and lights.



There were so many lanterns that I did not think there was place for any more, until I saw a whole truck  with extra lanterns to be added to the ones already existing.  


And it is Asia after all, celebration, tradition, and culture walks along side, brand names, and T-shirts that state 'I am not perfect but limited edition' and ofcourse constant chatter---hopefully with someone miles away!!

No reprrise from technology...I would hate to be inside the minds of these youngsters---or my own for that  matter....



And while we are at it, let's face it, Asia is about color, prayer and celebration.  While these garlands are used for prayer, in temples or at weddings--there mere presence on the street brightens the day.  


Does not matter how many times I have seen these sights, I still stop and 'truly' smell the roses.  The day I think it too mundane to do it, would be the day for me to check out of the planet!!




Just on the Street.  




By the way, all these are just lanterns --mostly made of paper and silk!! Amazing eh? 




No comments:

Post a Comment