In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Thursday, October 14, 2021

Perspective

First published in 2013, I think I tried to repost this one in the last few years.  But at the time blogger was switching a few things and did not allow to repost.  So the story remained on its old date.  These buildings have been my background and foreground in the decade that I have lived in Sweden.  Yes, it has been a decade.

I have seen these buildings in every season, and seen the trees in front of the them grow, taller, change color in different seasons. I can see them from my house, because I live 5-7 minutes walking distance from the university.  Every time I look at them....I think of this post....PERSPECTIVE.   


First Published on June 6, 2013--I had been thinking of this post for a while. I see these buildings almost every day, if not a few times a day. Sometimes I notice them and other times-lost in my thought--I overlook.  But like most of Sweden, they change color. They seem to have a personality which alters every season.  Here is the old post, with some new pictures!! Perspective it is!!




Hmm...doesn’t it look like its a picture painted by a ten year old.  Well, its painted by a being that is timeless....if it is a being
God, nature, force, universal energy, what ever you want to call it.

I came out of a building and looked left, and had to do a double take.  It had been raining, and the clouds had created a a feeling of translucent fog around everything.  And since it was about five degrees that time (yes only a week ago, and during our summer) --it might have been fog.  Moisture hung in the air.

I did another double take.  And then I stood there, getting wet in a very feeble but quite cold rain.  I slipped my hand into my summer jacket and pulled out my phone to take a picture.

Following two pictures were taken on purpose to give you the perspective.  The above picture was cropped a bit to show what I saw in my  mind when I took the picture.  



The building at the bottom was much closer to me than the building that looks like a cardboard cutout!!  






This picture clearly shows the position of the building, but even here it looks flat.  

I stood in the rain for a few seconds thinking about image, camera angles and how they translate into the perception of our own minds.  From time to time, it is a requirement that we clean our thinking glasses.  

And I know materials or feelings or emotions that we should use to clean our thinking glasses must be made of humility, gratitude, and love!!




Picture taken September 28, 2021

I plan on putting all the pictures I have taken on this building on this post.  Until then, ask yourself, what around you gives you a 'perspective?"



No comments:

Post a Comment