In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, September 6, 2013

Trädgård Lakäre!! Garden Doctors!!


The Garden Doctors!!



As usual, I had about a gazillion things to think about as I was walking towards the university.  I have to update the syllabus, after groups have been marked, have to respond to about 15 emails, I also want to go for a walk during the day, how shall we schedule it? wait, did I bring my  lunch with me, or do I have to buy it? Did I forget it on the table?

And in the middle of this check list, I stopped.  And truly paid attention to what was going on around me.

Two men, appropriately attired, had cut out large pieces of grass, and were fixing something around an electric pole.  And then just as quickly they were putting it back, knowing fully well that nature will claim its own, in a few days grass, urged by benign sun will grow back and there will be no signs left of the surgery they had just performed.

'Aha moment!!

I know--these men are the Trädgård Lakäre!!  the Garden Doctors!! 

I turned around and said it aloud.  The older one who was the first one to get the message said, 'Precis!!" and nodded heavily.

Precis, is the Swedish word for Precisely!!  I love the expression!! 

The younger one without a hat, chuckled.

May I please take a picture of you both and may I put it up on my blog!!

Absolut!! said the older one.

They both posed.  And here is the picture.

The Garden Doctors.  We are all doctors, teachers are soul doctors, politicians are nation doctors, doctors are doctors, and then those who make our garden look their healthiest, well,

Trädgård Lakäre!!  Garden Doctors!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment