In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, May 14, 2016

My Secret

Secure with love and deep affection and security that I have gotten from those closest to me, I fly through the skies, even during turbulent times, even when the wind is against me.  Picture Taken in Puerto Rico.



I also have two loving sisters.  We are a close family.  Like any close family we fight, we argue, but we are always there for each other.  My sisters, over the last few years have become even dearer than they were before.  Presently we live on three different continents.  Often times I have miscalculated times and called the wrong sister thinking she is 6 hrs behind me....but in fact she is 4 hours ahead of Swedish time....’  And my parents are just like any other parents, loving, caring, annoying, demanding, thoughtful and prone to misunderstandings.  I would be nothing without them.  

I also have many in my extended family, although I see no difference with my immediate family. I have Uncles and Aunts and Uncles and Aunts ---Mothers Brothers (Maama) and Mothers Sisters (Maasi) and of course from my fathers' side who will have different names, but I am not that close to them.  Then, my cousins have children, most of who I know now, even though many of them were born after I left home. Some of them I have close friend like, even soulmate like relationship.  We send each other silly and loving messages, political and spiritual messages and share our stories with each other.  I would be nothing without them.  

Simple, that security, that knowledge that I have a large well knit family --especially my Mom's side. I counted once. I have over 35 cousins (combined) from both sides.  We do not need guests for weddings and celebrations (a big supporter of a big family). Yet, at our weddings and celebrations we can have over 800 people, which to me is an indication of how many contacts we have made, how many people have been a part of our lives, and participated in our journey on the planet.

Simple, that is my secret, Secure with love and deep affection and security that I have gotten from those closest to me, I fly through the skies, even during turbulent times, even when the wind is against me.  I would be nothing without these important people in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment