In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, May 8, 2016

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining!




My most important memory of him is that of him walking up to me when I was painting....and saying, ‘’Here, put a white light over those clouds’

‘What?*

‘Silver lining’ he said, smiled his usual smile that we know him by, and walked away.  












'Every cloud has a silver lining' he said.

'But you ruined it, I wanted the picture to be dark,' I complained and upheld a greeting card,  'See like this card.' 

'But why would you?' He giggled and then repeated, 'If you look, every cloud has a silver lining'.  He smiled, 'If you look' and got back to his work. 

All the clouds that I have painted since then have had a silver lining.

I am talking about Daddy!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this memory. As always, a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and thanks for continuing to read. It is one of my favourite memories.

    ReplyDelete