In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Sunday, April 5, 2020

Niceness


Met this beautiful woman about two weeks ago at my favourite kaffe.  We struck up a lovely conversation and it felt like we were supposed to talk.  Many over lapping experiences.  But one thing that she has and I always admired --3 children and one adopted son from Afghanistan!!  Just a lovely, lovely person and  writer too!!


First published (March 20, 2020)-15 days ago (Today is April 5, 2020).  I want to add something. I had to rush for a meeting, and could not decide which bus to take, the one that came sooner but took longer or the one that came later but took less time, with a shorter route.  The one with shorter route, passed by me as I was thinking, I waved at the driver, I ran, and stopped and ran some more.  The gave up and started to walk away.  Then turned around and saw blinking lights of the bus as it was parked.  I ran and ran for next three minutes to get to the bus.  The driver kept waiting. Due to corona we could not board the bus in the front.  I waited till I got off.  Then I ran to the front door, and knocked.  Joined my hands and bowed!!  Tack så mycket!! Thanks so much.

Little joys of life!!  Grateful to all the kind souls!

_________________

Two days ago, I was coming home from grocery shopping. 

I walk. 

I still haven to bought  a car.  Never got around to it since the US. In Fiji, since coup happened within a year of me being there and then a burglary I kept thinking i was leaving and i never bothered.  Here, my international driving licences expired before I could get a car.  Summers were spent else were and I never got around to it. 

Some of the pain confusion and sadness might have resulted from this lack of movement although I travelled plenty.

Back to the story. I was walking back, it was cold and dark.  And close to my house a bus stopped at the bus stop.  It kept waiting.  It took me a few seconds to realise that the driver was waiting for me.  I waved my hand to let him know that I did not need the bus.  He started again and saw my hand and then stopped again.  He was not sure. I ran up to the door joined my hands, bowed and said, "Tack så jatte mycket, men into behöver jag.  Thanks a lot, but I do not need it."

This simple kindness made me feel human.  Many more incidences ---but just wanted to share this one.  

Simple things that we do and what a difference it makes!

How these simple things for many of us single or not, living their own country or not make us seem SEEN.

I had a wonderful conversation with this lady whose picture I share here.  That conversation too felt like a shower in fresh water something that cleanses you and makes you feel alive....she and I shared ideas, and had some overlapping experiences and understood that world in the same way.  She is Swedish.  Now that is a miracle. To be living completely in a different country and connecting with those  with a different background...Underbar!! wonderful!!

We should aim for that --giving someone attention at least a few times a week...

Go out and do that for someone!!  Come back and share it here, and I can guarantee you that it will make you feel better about yourself....have a lovely day y'all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment