In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, June 25, 2021

Midsummer foods etc.



First published on June 26, 2020. Here it is again a year later.  Happy MidSummer Guys. Me? I am doing my summer cleaning!!

Its been a week since solstice and mid summer celebrations (which we did not have this year).  The longest day is behind us, but we will not  notice as much until late august when it gets dark at around 10 p.m. and light around 5 a.m.  Even then days are longer for us.  This goes on till about September but from end of October it changes rapidly.  

Above screenshot is from Google's search page.  I might not keep this post up for  long, since am using different ages from other sites.  Even though I make no money from the blog, I want to bring order and do it all right.




Following are images from the handle @Sweden they have the best information about Sweden and swedish traditions. Midsummer foods, like all summer foods are light, and bubbly.  Also a family and friends time.  









This is my pic, from town. It says Harrys for delicious company.  The reason I took this picture is because how summer is reflected in the windows....enjoy.....I have several stories around summer and how Sweden in summer is just 'profusion' (an expression I read in this book titled 'Fishing in Utopia' read it--if you are interested in knowing about Sweden of the 1970s and 1980s.  Have a great weekend folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment