In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, June 18, 2021

Goodness Goes On

 


A young couple, midsummer, sun and goodness.

I was standing at the bus stop, counting the minutes left for the next bus.  They are a little slow in summer when university students are rare.  COVID has added other issues.

I saw this young couple with a garbage picking stick, walking, talking and cleaning the unruly grass as they walked and chatted casually.  I stopped them, 

Excuse me, are you doing this just to help the area stay clean?

They nodded and blushed.

May I please take a picture, I pointed at my phone.  Yes, they nodded.

May I please put it on my blog.  They looked at each other and nodded.

May I please know your names and put them too. Yeah, ok.  Johan and Ingrid they said.

Very Swedish names.

So glad they shared their names. I will remember them forever.  Johan and Ingrid, will be connected to this image of a citizen's duty. 

And a very Swedish practice of taking pride in the place you live in.  Do a little extra than needed.  Nothing wrong in going for a stroll, but even better if you take your garbage picking stick and contribute to the cleaning of the area, as you go about your walk.

Remember from last year? A similar story? (Click Here to Read)

That is my Sweden.  Thanks Sweden. Thankyou!!



No comments:

Post a Comment