In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Friday, June 25, 2021

Love and Laughter: The best medicine

 






Have some strange days, months, longer.   In that confusion of much work & deadlines, and finding direction--had to do the things that one needs to do to live. For example groceries.  For all he time I have lived in Sweden, I have not bought a car. Partly because almost every summer I spent home.  Being with family, trying to ensure I was there for my mother and being a part of my nephews lives. 

So on this day I was at the grocery store when I saw this woman and young girl hugging in the middle of the grocery store.  I stared.  Then I smiled. They smiled back and continued hugging. 

I walked away to another refrigerator.  But my heart needed to talk to them.  I turned around, "mother and daughter?"

They nodded.  I smiled, and brought my hand to my heart and then walked away. 

A few minutes later, I just asked. May I please take a picture of you, And may I please put this up on my blog.  They nodded.  Then came the stupid camera person part---for the original moment was not there. "Can you hug please?"  

They did.  No, not like that, like you were hugging actually, close and with broad smiles. 

They did.  Its such a warm picture.  Even though it is just a copy of the real moment.  

It truly brought joy to my heart.  Gave me a reason to turn my head towards the amount of love that exists in this world. On my way back, I met Sorina, my beautiful neighbour from Romania.  In my excitement, I showed her this picture. She said, "Oh, that's Isabella.  She used to live behind my house but has moved to another neighbourhood now".

Another reminder.   Happiness is always closer than we think.

Thankyou Universe!



No comments:

Post a Comment