In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Saturday, December 29, 2012

To The Readers


Doesn’t it look like a cherry preserved with sugar.  But it is just an old, dying inedible berry, covered in snow!!  


Dancers from Greece:  World Culture Festival: Art of Living, Berlin, 2011


This is a note to all my readers.  I have been writing this blog for over three years now.  The first year was not that productive.  I used images and many previously written articles.  But now, I have nearly 40 drafts on this blog, about a dozen half written articles on my hard drive, and about a thousand ideas about what I could write.  I have also started contributing to another website that features creative writing pieces.  But that one, unlike this blog, is not anonymous.  So, I have to be careful.  But I am partial to my readers on this blog.

In the last one year, traffic has picked up.  On the blog it says I have four followers.  All of who I bullied into joining.  They are my nieces and nephews.  But I have about four loyal readers in the US.  I  am not sure if these are friends or some people I do not know. 

But first, I would like to thank you for reading.  I cannot tell you the great feeling I get when I hit publish on this blog.

Often times these posts are written on the spur of the moment. I hardly get time to devote to this.  Sometimes they are written in lunch breaks.  Other times they remain half written for months or sleep in  the corner of my mind for weeks before anything comes out.

I apologize that often I have to back and edit the articles. But as I stated elsewhere, none of this is thought out.  It comes from within me, with the feelings and encounters.  I love being alive.  There are days when I get depressed but for all the uncertainties I have had, I am an amazingly positive person. 

My secret?  My friends. I have some great people in my life.  An excellent family and just much good will around me. 

And now, I have a few readers.  When I write, I have these anonymous people in my mind.  I do not know who you all are...but I am utterly grateful to you.

None of this writing takes me further in my career, but like meditation, it has become as important as breathing to me.  

I am sure many people come to this site only for the pictures.  I still remain grateful.  

However, I wanted to try something.  I wanted to place ads on my website.  Just to see if this is a viable way?  But also to understand the workings of this side of writing, especially online.  

And the reason I am writing here is because I would like to know if any of the readers have an issue with that.  Or they consider it would become commercial and so would not like any ads on the blog.  In case this is not acceptable to you, please leave a comment.  With my schedule, it might take me some time to organize all this, but I still wanted to inform and confirm...

Once again, thanks for visiting and thanks for reading.  I love to write.  So, please know that you add to my joy.  And give me this feeling that I might have something to say...ever so fleetingly!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment