In Search of a Home

Welcome!! Swagat, Dumela, Valkommen, Jee Aayan Noo, Tashreef, Bula, Swasdee, Bienvenido, Tashi Delek. Thanks for joining me......


Thursday, December 27, 2012

To Those Who Lost Their Lives, and Their Families





I have been thinking about this for a while.  Ever since it happened nearly two weeks ago.  The school children who lost their lives---for no reason.

No amount of understanding of heaven or earth will ever make sense, to those who knew them, especially their parents.  While I hope the children who survived will not be scarred with fear and hopelessness towards humanity, I am sure the event will leave a much deeper mark than any media or psychologist can understand.  After looking at a few pictures of those innocents who were killed in the mindless shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary, I broke down.  Turned off my radio, and stopped reading the news.

All I wanted to do was send warmth and love to all those affected.  In essence anyone who heard the story and has a heart.   Without making any grand gestures, or writing lofty posts about our oneness and connectedness or any claims about what happens to the souls after they leave us, or karma and its reasons....I just want to bow and say---we are sorry.  We fail children everyday, everyday in so many ways.

I hope and pray that our pain, and sorrow will become peace that will light the world!!

I leave here with a translation (from some user at Youtube) of a Bollywood song that deals with the confusion of those who are left behind:

Jane Chale Jaate Hain Kahan (Wonder where they go)



Those who leave this world, I wonder where do they go
How to find them, not even a footprint to follow
I wonder which is that town, from where there is no letter or news
Whenever one remembers them, to the lips comes a plea
The ones who leave never to return, wonder where they flee
My lost companion of life, a friend akin to the lamp and wick
You are lost to me as if, with the departure of monsoon
The flying black clouds, I wonder where do they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment